The health and safety of our patients, clients, and staff is our top priority. That’s why we’re doing our part to slow the spread of the coronavirus during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ontario’s lockdown order as of January 12th is issuing a stay at home order, only allowing individuals to leave their house for essential services. Veterinary appointments are considered essential. Any appointments you have currently booked will not be affected.
Mount Joy Animal Clinic will continue to provide exceptional service by ensuring a team member is available at our front door, ready to receive your pet.
The following are our operating procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic effective immediately and ongoing through the Spring. We are doing our best to continue serving you and your pets!
- APPOINTMENT BOOKING: Please call (905) 294-6100 or email us at [email protected] to book an appointment. Unfortunately, at this time, we are not accepting walk-in appointments.
- EMERGENCIES: For emergencies, please call us at (905) 294-6100.
- WEAR A MASK: Please wear a mask during drop off, pick up, and payment. If you do not have a mask we are happy to provide you with one.
- CALL UPON ARRIVAL: Our front door is locked. Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment and from your car, call us at: (905) 294-6100. We will meet you at the door to collect your pet.
- PET DROP OFF: Our team member will conduct a pet exchange outside the clinic. Unfortunately, we cannot accept ANY personal property (i.e. collars, leashes, blankets, toys, etc.) These must be removed and left with you. We will use slip leashes when retrieving your pet from outside. Cats will need to remain in their carriers. We will sanitize pet carriers in the clinic prior to returning to you.
- PET PICKUP: At the time of discharge, instructions will be emailed or given to you over the phone. A team member will bring your pet, medications, and the Moneris (payment) terminal to you.
- PAYMENT: For safety reasons, we are accepting electronic payment (credit or debit ) at this time. We will take payment outside with our mobile machine.
- ONLINE STORE: Medication and food are recommended to be ordered online at myvetstore.ca.